Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Rainy 4th of July

It's post "4th of July." We had rain in the midwest yesterday so most of the fireworks display were postponed for next week. For me, fireworks display in the small town of Humboldt is the culminating of our celebration. Fireworks in synch with music works everytime.

Anyway, we spent most of our day in a friends house. I didn't really feel any partiotic ambiance in the air aside from my friend wearing a patriotic shirt and me wearing a shirt with a print of 1 million dollars.

We're supposed to go to a lake and have picnic. We had picnic food ready. We had barbeque baby back ribs, steamed rice, hotdogs wrapped in bacon, brownies, soda in can, fresh fruits, etc. But it rained, so we just stayed inside the house. We ate, chat and watched chick flick. It wasn't boring at all. We had fun. The kids were running around the house and going back and forth in different bedrooms. Ha, clutter! My friend from New York called from my cell phone. She said it was hot and steamy there.
Oh well...

We got home all stuffed up. I turned the tv on and looked for some Independence Day Celebration program. I didn't find any but a short clip at the "Weather Channel" showing the Washington DC celebration and someone singing the end part of Star Spangled Banner. So I guess, that's a little better to end our 4th of July.

No comments: